September 26, 2008

"If I Die, Please Take Care of My Family"


This morning I had the blessed opportunity to chat with Pastor in India. He wanted to enlist our prayers for the persecuted church in India; we've shared with you details of what is happening in previous posts. However, the terrorism continues to escalate. Pastor related to me that he has now been targeted because of the work of Heart of God in India in the tribal areas. Many people are denouncing Hinduism and accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as their Messiah; souls are being saved, new believers are being baptized, and new churches are being established. Pastor and his team take a large panel truck into the forest area along with sound equipment and elders from his church in order to preach and teach the Word of God, delivering convicting messages of the power of the Gospel to save.

To make a long conversation short, Pastor made three requests of us; I've left these in his own words:

  1. Please pray because I will continue to evangelize and preach Gospel so many souls will be saved.
  2. Please pray for protection for me and family because radicals have targeted us due to great work of evangelism in tribal areas.
  3. Please take care of my family if I should be killed for the glory of God. I am ready to die and have no fear.

We praise God for our partners in India; they are courageous men because the Spirit of God is strong in them. Their lives are truly committed and they continue to make sacrifice for the sake of the Gospel. We urge all our friends and partners to enter into a season of prayer covering for Pastor and those who do the work of ministry with him.

God bless you as you stand with us for protection and shelter from the enemy of those who labor for the Lord. Please also remember those in the State of Orissa who are enduring unbelievable persecution because of their witness for Christ.

__________
© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: